Carrier Manager Transport Logistics
We are on the lookout for a Carrier Manager in Transport Logistics who enjoys collaborating with different internal and external stakeholders supporting the growth strategy of Kramp. As part of the Global Transport & Distribution Department you are the linking pin on inbound flows from our suppliers to our distribution centers and/or outbound shipments from our distribution centers to customers collaborating with sales, finance, IT and logistic organization of Kramp Group.
What is your role?
You are the expert in transport related topics and will focus on managing inbound flows (via Ocean and Road) as well as working with international partners, carriers and internal stakeholders across Europe.
Our Global Transport & Distributions department (existing of a team of 6) is responsible for the setup of all the incoming and outgoing transportation flows of 11 warehouses in Europe. This reaches from tendering ocean freight for our worldwide supplier base, to the final mile delivery from a local distribution center to any European customer.
- Manage the relation with carriers with the focus on continuous improvement on transport & delivery performance, cost efficiencies and/or service enhancements;
- Take initiatives to develop and maintain the achievements of our carriers and of cost measurement systems;
- Support international and local projects for the improvement of operational processes in the field of logistics, support, distribution and purchasing transport capacity;
- Leading the tendering (selection) process, starting with the definition of our business requirements till finalizing in a contract and hand-over to day-to-day operations in close co-operation with the procurement team;
- Applying project management as well as continuous improvement initiatives;
- Perform business- and investment analyses.
Who are you?
- Completed Bachelor or Master's degree;
- Strong skills in commercial negotiation, cost (budget) management and analytics;
- Extensive experience handling new services (business development) in the transport logistics;
- Excellent communication skills, able to connect people over different departments, countries and with external partners at different seniority levels, team-player and competencies to lead a team;
- Experience with managing global carriers and contracts.
- Excellent skills in MS Office applications especially in Excel and Powerpoint;
- Experience in Transport Management Systems;
- Preferably you have worked in an environment where Ocean Freight, CEP (courier, express and parcel) or Road, Rail has been integrated;
- Knowledge in transport markets and various transport segments, especially Ocean Freight;
- Extensive personal network in Transport & Logistics environment.
The role requires to travel to our different distribution centers in Europe (around 30% of your time). You will need mostly be at our head office in Varsseveld.
What do we offer?
You will join an international team, in which there is a lot of room for your initiatives. We are an ambitious, fast growing and financially sound organization. Therefore, you can expect a few important things from us. We value personal development a lot and thus we offer great budget for courses and trainings. Besides your monthly salary we also offer various benefits such as:
- 37 vacation days
- Flexible working policy
- Profit sharing bonus
- Travel- and working from home allowance
- Laptop and phone
- Generous pension scheme
Who are we?
Johan Kramp started in 1951 from his garage in Varsseveld. When cycling he crossed borders to Germany: the beginning of the international millions company we are nowadays. We still follow the principles of Johan Kramp, but in time of today. Thanks to our ambitions we are active throughout Europe: a leading position in the agricultural market for parts. We heavily invest in Ecommerce and innovations. Our aim is to make it easy for our customers to run their business.
Working at Kramp means working with over 3000 international colleagues and despite our size we have retained our strong family culture. The people at Kramp are enthusiastic, professional and involved. We speak our customers’ language, understand their challenges and earn their trust to exceed their expectations. We think and actively work alongside them to provide a service second to none. Our promise “It’s that easy” is embedded in our culture and DNA.
In case you feel challenged by above role description and requirements, we’re interested in meeting you. Please use the application button and send your CV.
Do you have a question about this vacancy? Please don’t hesitate to contact Josey Beckmans (Talent Acquisition Coordinator).