Are you customer and result focused? And are you able to make the right decision and express clear and rational reasons for taking that decision? Then decide to apply for this role!
The Supplier Manager is responsible for delivering the right product, with the right specifications at the right price on the agreed date at the agreed place against the lowest total cost of ownership. The Supplier Manager is responsible for selection of and negotiating with suppliers to deliver a customer focused proposition.
Your specific tasks include:
- Executing supplier selection by analyzing price proposals, conducting cost analysis and setting benchmarks.
- Conducting supplier audits for identifying, eliminating and preventing (quality) problems in a supplier’s products, processes or management system.
- Taking care of supplier contract negotiation and implementation by adapting tactics and behavior according to supplier strategy.
- Monitoring the supplier performances, propose corrective actions and ensure follow-up.
- Introducing supplier development plans and specific cost reduction projects.
- Implementing supplier manuals.
- Working together with the Supplier Specialists to manage suppliers, including administration of data in relevant systems.
- Conducting risk management by anticipating on unfavourable scenarios through analysis of data and preparation of contingency plans.
- Driving continuous improvement by optimization of supply chain processes.
- Creating and maintaining a strategic supplier base and keeping up-to-date with market developments of cost price elements.
- Retrieve information about prices, products, and suppliers.
The team and collaborations:
The team consists of 5 Supplier Managers and 3 Supplier Specialists. In addition, as Supplier Manager you will collaborate with:
- Product Management, Stock Management, Supplier Chain Management, and Sales/Marketing to enlarge business, align on assortment needs and -specifications, as well as stock- and supply chain requirements.
Who are you?
- You are decisive and you can show persistence;
- You are result-focused;
- You are an experienced and good negotiator;
- You have strong stakeholder management skills;
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or Business Management;
- 3-5 years of experience in Procurement in an international wholesale organisation;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language. Dutch or German would be an advantage;
What do we offer?
We are an ambitious, fast growing and financially sound organization. Therefore, you can expect a few important things from us. We value personal development. We don’t just say this, but we also live up to it. For example, with a personal training budget. Besides a competitive monthly salary, we also offer:
- 25 holidays + 12 reduction of working time days (based on a Dutch contract)
- Profit sharing bonus
- Travel allowance
- Generous pension plan
- Laptop, phone and working from home package
- Flexible working hours and location. Your base location will be Varsseveld (NL), Strullendorf (D) or Leek (NL). Working from home is possible.
Who are we?
Johan Kramp started in 1951 from his garage in Varsseveld. When cycling he crossed borders to Germany: the beginning of the international millions company we are nowadays. We still follow the principles of Johan Kramp, but in time of today. Thanks to our ambitions we are active throughout Europe: a leading position in the agricultural market for parts. We heavily invest in E-Business and innovations. Our aim is to make it easy for our customers to run their business.
Working at Kramp means working with over 3000 international colleagues and despite our size we have retained our strong family culture. The people at Kramp are enthusiastic, professional and involved. We speak our customers’ language, understand their challenges and earn their trust to exceed their expectations. We think and actively work alongside them to provide a service second to none. Our promise “It’s that easy” is embedded in our culture and DNA.
Procedure and contact
In case you feel challenged by above role description and requirements, we’re interested in meeting you! Please use the application button and send your CV and motivation letter.
Do you have a question about this vacancy? Please don’t hesitate to contact Josey Beckmans (Talent Acquisition Coordinator):
Varsseveld (NL)Leek (NL), Strullendorf (DE)