Senior Packaging Engineer
We are on the lookout for a Senior Packaging Engineer to join our international Supply Chain team. The Senior Packaging Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing an international policy for purchasing and consuming packaging material. In this role you will develop and implement packaging standards for the entire Kramp Group, with a strong focus on: TCO cost saving, standardization, efficiency, and sustainability. Next to this, you will have a strong focus on engineering the processes around packaging to be able to optimize the process efficiency, fill rate and packaging type for our total range of product types & sizes.
You operate within the international context of Kramp Group and you will need to build strong cross functional relationships to create commitment and alignment.
- Develop a packaging plan for a range of products and services in accordance with packaging regulations;
- Monitor internal and external developments about packaging solutions and packaging technologies, translating this in opportunities for Kramp;
- Map, develop and monitor the process from packaging to delivery;
- Analyse the warehouse & distribution processes from a packing point of view focusing on efficiency, waste reduction & sustainability;
- Define and deliver products and services that meet customer needs by selecting the best possible approaches available within established systems;
- Drive opportunities and alternatives for making packaging more sustainable within the Kramp group to reduce our CO2 footprint;
- Create opportunities to improve the customer experience from a packaging and product presentation point of view;
- Identify shortcomings in existing processes, systems and procedures, and use established change management programs to address them;
- Define and execute the packaging “Purchase suppliers” strategy;
- Deliver small-scale or medium-scale projects while working within an established program management plan.
Who are you?
- Completed bachelor or master’s degree in the direction of Supply Chain/ Engineering or related area.
- At least 6 years’ job-related experience (preferably in an international & matrix organization).
- Proficiency in Lean (Black Belt) to improve processes.
- Excellent in taking initiative (to spot gaps or opportunities);
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated success in manufacturing or supply-chain areas with strong fundamental knowledge on packaging systems and packaging engineering.
- Experience in sustainable packaging is a plus but not required.
What do we offer?
You will work in the Supply Chain Engineering team which consists of approximately 7 supply chain specialists with different backgrounds and expertise but who share the drive and ambition to bring Kramp’s Supply Chain to the next level. You will work in an international Kramp Group wide scope.
Besides your monthly salary, we also offer:
- Amazing family culture with lots of opportunities for growth
- Profit sharing bonus
- 37 vacation days a year
- Great budget for training and courses
- Flexible working hours and location
- Laptop and phone
- Generous pension plan
Who are we?
Johan Kramp started in 1951 from his garage in Varsseveld. When cycling he crossed borders to Germany: the beginning of the international millions company we are nowadays. We still follow the principles of Johan Kramp, but in time of today. Thanks to our ambitions we are active throughout Europe: a leading position in the agricultural market for parts. We heavily invest in Ecommerce and innovations. Our aim is to make it easy for our customers to run their business.
Working at Kramp means working with over 3000 international colleagues and despite our size we have retained our strong family culture. The people at Kramp are enthusiastic, professional and involved. We speak our customers’ language, understand their challenges and earn their trust to exceed their expectations. We think and actively work alongside them to provide a service second to none. Our promise “It’s that easy” is embedded in our culture and DNA.
In case you feel challenged by above role description and requirements, we’re interested in meeting you. Please use the application button and send your CV.
Do you have a question about this vacancy? Please don’t hesitate to contact Sophie ten Berge (Talent Acquisition Specialist).