Director of Data
The Director of Data reports to the CTO and gets the opportunity to create a cutting-edge data organization at Kramp, to drive the overarching data-driven innovation strategy. The Director of Data creates synergy between the data, business, and software development processes. They push innovation by automated decision making and ensure the cross-platform availability of the data for e-Commerce, Machine Learning, and other applications.
This mandate consists of three main goals: creating the future organizational structure and putting the resources (people and solutions) in place; devising the data roadmap; and shaping the company-wide data capabilities. The Director of Data will work with the existing Data Analytics and Business Intelligence teams across several departments and countries, while setting up an overarching data strategy. The Director of Data sees to the adequate standardization of data elements to increase data accessibility for key stakeholders in the organization.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing the data strategy, based on industry trends, best practices, and opportunities, and integrated with the wider corporate strategy.
- Enable unification, standardization, and democratization of the data landscape across all of Kramp Group.
- Providing company-wide leadership and direction in setting and communicating the approach for the data management function; inspiring Kramp’s diverse workforce to commit to the necessary actions; and clearly communicating the ‘why’ behind the central data management framework toward stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Developing and steering the budget for the central cost center and managing area budgets in line with organizational strategy.
- Engaging stakeholders up to board level, identifying their needs and concerns and properly responding by leading and coordinating stakeholder engagement plans to support the communication of business information and decisions.
- Defining the future organization structure for data management and aligning it with corporate principles; defining the relationship between elements of the organization; and defining the responsibilities of managers to enable the organization to achieve its business objectives.
- Building analytical capabilities across the organization, boosting a data-driven culture, and training departments in leveraging data to inform and impact business decisions and drive profitability.
- Designing, developing, and delivering data management systems that meet organizational needs, and defining and implementing the proper data architecture, including rules and standards for design and governance.
- Developing annual business plans for data management in alignment with corporate strategy, and quantifying business outcomes for key projects.
Who are you?
The current sense of urgency for a strong data organization generates an interesting momentum. An experienced leader at the intersection of business and technology, with strong management skills and the ambition to build a data organization from scratch, can make a big and immediate impact in this role.
Besides this, we are looking for someone with:
- Over 10 years of experience in the data domain (e.g., data management, analytics, business intelligence, data science).
- Experience within a global matrix organization.
- Strong strategic and analytical insights.
- Excellent people leadership and stakeholder management skills.
As the future data organization will be embedded in the current matrix organization, and since stakeholder engagement across the global company is key, this role requires a significant amount of travel (upwards of 30% of the time).
Who are we?
Johan Kramp started in 1951 from his garage in Varsseveld. When cycling he crossed borders to Germany: the beginning of the international millions company we are nowadays. We still follow the principles of Johan Kramp, but in time of today. Thanks to our ambitions we are active throughout Europe: a leading position in the agricultural market for parts. We heavily invest in Ecommerce and innovations. Our aim is to make it easy for our customers to run their business.
Working at Kramp means working with over 3000 international colleagues and despite our size we have retained our strong family culture. The people at Kramp are enthusiastic, professional, and involved. We speak our customers’ language, understand their challenges, and earn their trust to exceed their expectations. We think and actively work alongside them to provide a service second to none. Our promise “It’s that easy” is embedded in our culture and DNA.
Procedure and contact
We work exclusively with an agency: Top of Minds for this vacancy. If you're interested in this role please contact Hayke Tjemmes at: Hayke.Tjemmes@topofminds.com