Data warehouse engineer
Why we need your help
Kramp is growing rapidly and the need for data is even growing faster. We are actively steering on KPI’s and processes are continuously improved and automated. To facilitate this data driven way of working within the company, a high performing data warehouse is in place. This needs to be extended to deliver the constant need for more and reliable data and this is exactly where we need your help!
Why become a Data warehouse engineer at Kramp?
Did you already hear about a virtual data warehouse in the cloud? This is where Kramp is currently working on. Kramp is investing heavily in technology and a future proof data warehouse based on the newest technology is what we are currently developing. A traditional way of data warehousing in combination with a continuous stream of data, with virtual data layers on the newest technology is what you will be working on.
But what about the team?
You will work together with our 6 other professionals in the area of data warehousing and analytics. This international team will always be on hand to make sure you can learn, grow and explore opportunities. Our Business Intelligence team consist of very high motivated people who work on Data warehousing, developing data models and data offerings for the rest of the organization.
What would be your daily tasks?
- Actively think about improvements in the data warehouse together with the other team members.
- You collaborate closely with data analysts, data scientists and other data consumers within the business.
- Analyzing business requirements and discuss with our data modeler how those requirements fit in our data model and how this data will be presented to the analysts and report builders in a performing way.
- Discuss multiple approaches with different analysts and actively advice your solutions.
- Ingest data from various applications into our data warehouse.
- Map data into the various data model objects and write the pipelines in SQL.
- Create data objects in the business layer in an understandable and performing way.
- Further improve your knowledge about data warehousing.
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures, and user guides
- Evaluate enhancement designs for efficiency with a focus on performance.
Who are you?
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Information technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, or a related study
- You are passionate about IT technologies and you have extensive knowledge about coding in SQL and Python. You have experience in building efficient and performing queries.
- Knowledge and experience with Google Cloud Platform (especially Google Big Query), Teradata and Wherescape is a plus.
- Knowledge of data integration and data warehousing concepts (for example ETL)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role
- We would like to see that you have a deep passion for data analytics technologies as well as modeling methodologies like 3NF and of data vault.
- Communication skills are a must have for the Data Warehouse Engineer. These skills will be necessary in facilitating the clear conveyance of technical communications in cross-functional settings
- You are a great team player and always up for some fun with the team
- Fluent in written and spoken English is required.
What do we offer?
We are an ambitious, fast growing and financially sound organization and you can expect a few important things from us. We value personal development a lot so we offer great personal training budget for different kinds of education.
We also offer:
- A market-based salary
- The opportunity to work with the latest technologies and keep learning about new technology stacks
- Lots of freedom to shape this role
- A fun/ international team
- Great career opportunities
- Profit sharing bonus
- 25+12 vacation days
Who are we?
Johan Kramp started in 1951 from his garage in Varsseveld. When cycling he crossed borders to Germany: the beginning of the international millions company we are nowadays. We still follow the principles of Johan Kramp, but in time of today. Thanks to our ambitions we are active throughout Europe: a leading position in the agricultural market for parts. We heavily invest in E-Business and innovations. Our aim is to make it easy for our customers to run their business.
Working at Kramp means working with over 3000 international colleagues and despite our size we have retained our strong family culture. The people at Kramp are enthusiastic, professional and involved. We speak our customers’ language, understand their challenges and earn their trust to exceed their expectations. We think and actively work alongside them to provide a service second to none. Our promise “It’s that easy” is embedded in our culture and DNA.
In case you feel challenged by above role description and requirements, we’re interested in meeting you. Please use the application button and send your CV and motivation letter.
Do you have a question about this vacancy? Please don’t hesitate to contact Sophie ten Berge (Recruiter)